Monday, March 18, 2013

Green Beer Day Celebrations

Friday:
Grocery shopping, then to Walmart foe some Cara Box items, Redbox movie End of Watch because KC wanted to see it. Let me just tell you, it was a fantastic movie. I think the story line and the point of the movie was direct. It had a good amount of humor and a shit ton of action packed scenes. This is not a movie to be watched around children. On another note, Jake Gyllenhaal is smokin'. 

via
Also, I measured myself and I've lost an inch around my waist and nothing around my thighs but I'm "working on it". By which I mean I'm attempting to watch what I eat. Read how I've failed this weekend below. 

Saturday:

KC, Wyatt and I headed to Lowe's for paint samples. We ended up getting three different sample colors two for our kitchen and one for the hallway. KC was less than thrilled about my chooses but he's slowly warming up to them, we did a small section of a cabinet and some of the wall, I think it's going to be pretty. It's definitely going to be a huge transformation but an exciting, good one. I can't wait to show you more of what's to come! After buying this house back in June 2012 it's about time we do some painting and decorating. I've been itchin' to get some painting done around there!


We did a quick trip to Hobby Lobby for some upcoming DIY projects I'm working on. Also, I didn't know it was possible to have a quick trip to that place but thanks to me for bring my grumpy husband I found out. DIY's are so addicting. If you haven't seen my Burlap Knot Wreath you should go check it out! It's adorbs if I do say so myself. I'm in the process of making my sister-in-law one.

Dinner at TGIFridays, drinks to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, some Target browsing and then Cold Stone Creamery for dessert (did I mention I failed at "watching what I eat this weekend?). Clearly it was my "free day" for not caring what I ate.


Sunday Funday:
Except not too much fun going on. KC went out in the morning to get us breakfast. Let me just tell you I have not had McDonald's breakfast in SO LONG. It was really good but I've ate awful this weekend. Haha. I already know. Clearly I'm regretting all of my poor food choices today.

I had a headache so I took a shower and then accidentally took a three hour nap. Whoops. It was nice getting a couple hours of shut eye though. Except when I woke up my hair was out of this world. No pictures were taken, #sorrynotsorry.

In celebration of St. Patrick's Day we went to Applebee's for some green beer and yummy food. Wyatt as a ham and felt the need to turn around in the booth to chew on the seat. Teething baby problems. I'm happy no one was sitting behind us, that would have been interesting. Side note: I love that all of these restaurants are getting beer battered pretzels! Oh my goodness, they are delicious.

Afterwards we went to Kohl's to browse around to work off some of them calories. 

My husband is very festive when it comes to St. Patrick's Day. It's probably his all time favorite holiday, I'm not even kidding. This year he bought a green Mohawk for the day. He wore it everywhere we went. Literally. He wore it inside Applebee's, Kohl's and wherever else he went to. Last year he had the green "pimp" hat and a little leprechaun that wraps it's arm around your neck and sits on your shoulder (he named him Kenny who was his best man in our wedding because he has red hair), the year before that he had a neon green Afro that he rocked all day and for weeks after the holiday. 


Wyatt rocked the Mohawk for a little bit while KC wore the green bow tie. KC then made the girls suffer and they had to be festive with him and ware the Mohawk  Lucy about peed her pants and Cinnamon didn't want any part of it. They participated just long enough to document some pictures of their green hair days.

Linking up with Sami, Breanna, Sarah & Leeann.

13 comments:

  1. Wyatt and the green Mohawk is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG we watched End of Watch this weekend too. I laughed. I cried. And of course I drooled over Jakey. Aside from my husband (of course), Jake is the sexiest man alive. OH.MY.GAH..............!!!!!!!!!!!! In Jarhead he is even sexier! Have you seen that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie was awesome. Chris and I rented it on paperview when it first came available.

    I'm glad you had a fantastic weekend!!

    xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. St. Patty's is my favorite too!

    Is your TGI Friday's one of the "made over" locations? I'm not a fan, but wondering if it's worth giving them another try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this movie recommendation will definitely check this one out. the pictures of the babies are ssooo cute

    $20 Target Giftcard Giveaway


    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! Looks like a great St Patties day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you had such a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm tired just reading about your weekend! ;) Sounds like so much fun!! Looking forward to seeing the finished products of the painted rooms. And I'll have to check out that movie too! Hope you have a great week, Becca!!

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun weekend! it's especially hard to eat healthy on the weekends, so i totally understand. especially the coldstone - so yummy!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you all had a ball this weekend! Stay motivated on your quest to get fit. It will pay off!

    BTW- I love the picture with the baby in the pocket of the fatigue cargoes.

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That green mohawk is awesome!! Haha
    Glad you got a nap in - sounds like it was needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I *loved* End of Watch -- Jake is pretty hot ... but Im totally a Michael Pena fan. God he's yummy! Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL love that the dog got a wig too :p

    Thanks for the "End of Watch" review... It's coming up on my Netflix list so can't wait to watch it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of blogland.
Please feel free to leave a comment, I reply to every single one of them via email!

Popular Posts